Re: [Xen-users] question about Xen DOMU

sar or /proc will show a %steal counter

I imagine that if OP used pure virtualization it would be harder. But there is always a way ....

Peter

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Ferreira, N. L. (Nuno) wrote:

Hi Mark

A "uname -a" indicates that your are running a xen domU, if it is a PV domU. A "ls /boot" would indicate the same. Of course you could change the name of the kernel. In a HVM domU probably you do not need since you are using a kernel without modifications
.
A "more /etc/fstab" can also indicate that the devices being used are xenified (depends on your configuration). I for example, use / dev/xvda1 as my partition, to not forget that its a Xen box ;-)

Probably there are other ways to check it ...
Cheers,
N.

Mark Ryden wrote:
Hello,
 A newbie question about Xen DOMU:

I have a Linux Fedora running in a Xen DOMU. Is it possible for somebody
accessing this DOMU from outside (ssh) to know that it is not
a real machine but a DOMU of Xen (by something like uname,etc)? In
case it is possible
I would appreciate if anybody can tell how.

Regards,
Mark

Nuno Ricardo Santos Loureiro da Silva Ferreira

NMR Spectroscopy Research Group
Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research
Utrecht University
Bloembergen gebouw
Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht
The Netherlands