Re: [Xen-users] expanding windows VM hard drive space

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 5:11 AM, dnk <d.k.emaillists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just setup a (Citrix) XenServer, and had a Windows 2003 server guest, but
> by default the system made the hard drive 8GB (tiny). I am just learning
> Xen, so I missed the setting when creating.
>
> How are others going about expanding hard drive space on Windows guests?

I'm not sure how XenServer allocates domU storage (files? LVM?) as I
never use it (I use RHEL, bundled Xen), but this thread might help
http://www.nabble.com/resize-file-disk-iommu-xp-won%27t-boot-tt21622236.html#a21622236

As an alternative, I believe you should be able to add aditional disk
and set Windows to use Dynamic Disk
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309044)

Be sure to backup domU first.

Regards,