[Xen-users] Re: multiple iscsi targets on bonding interface

Longina Przybyszewska <longina@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have a bonding interface to service traffic between Dom0 and SAN -
> it works great with one iscsi target.
> Is it possible to manage more iscsi targets on the same bonding?

We maintain iSCSI-backed virtual machines: each machine uses a
separate iSCSI target as its disk.  So it's possible.  Or maybe
I don't understand the question.

> Would it work using, say, alias bond0.222:1 ?

Why do you want an alias interface?

> Would it be more flexible/stable to have a bridge on top of  bonding -
> does someone has experience with such configuration?

We have 802.1q VLAN interfaces on the bond, which are bridged with the
virtual machine interfaces.  Thus each virtual machine has access to
the necessary VLANs via separate virtual interfaces.

But this hasn't got anything to do with iSCSI, which is mostly managed
by the dom0.  We also have a couple of iSCSI rooted domUs, but that
doesn't make a difference.
--
Feri.