Re: [Xen-users] Unable to create virtual systems

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:11 AM, GeoffSweet <geoff.sweet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In VG1 I created my first Logical Volume called "web1".
>
> I created an install script that has this:
> ###
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen-install"
> ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen-install"
> extra = "text ks=http://testwebserv/ks/minimal-ks.cfg";
> name = "web1"
> memory = "1024"
> disk = [ 'phy:VG1/web1,sda1,w' ]

> That exact same config works perfectly with a file based vbd.

No it doesn't. Look at your file-based vbd config again, and you'll
find there's a BIG difference : sda vs sda1.

Your config should be something like

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VG1/web1,sda,w' ]

mapping a file or dom0 LV as domU partition (e.g. sda1 or xvda1) won't
work if you're using RHEL/Centos installer (i.e. anaconda). You have
to map it as domU disk (e.g. sda or xvda).

Regards,

Fajar