Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 vs native performance: does it look right?

Ravikesh Chandra wrote:
Hi folks,

Firstly I am running CentOS 5.3 with Xen 3.3.1 (gitco) and I've just
been testing the performance with the Unixbench test. What I found is
that running the test on the Dom0 (under Xen kernel) resulted in only
50% performance of native! I appreciate there is always going to be
overheads with virtualisation but I just wanted to check with the list
if these numbers were expected? If that doesn't seem normal any
suggestions on what I could look at?

no tls cflag is a start.

Stefan