[Xen-users] Hardy on Lenny?

  Per advice I received from some other Xen/Debian/Ubuntu users, I decided to
use Debian
5/Lenny (very solid and stable) as my Dom0 host, and Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy
Heron (more
features and fresher packages) as my new PV DomU guest.

  I am using an LVM volgroup (FooComVolG) to host the root and swap of this
guest. So, I
tried:

 xen-create-image --hostname=foo.com --size=23.93Gb --swap=4Gb --ip=172.19.3.202
--netmask=255.255.255.0 --gateway=172.19.3.1 --force --memory=4Gb --passwd
--lvm=FooComVolG

  It failed with:

 We're trying to configure an installation of hardy in
  - but there is no hook directory for us to use.
  This means we don't know how to configure this installation.
  We'd expect the hook directory to be : /usr/lib/xen-tools/hardy.d

  Sure enough, there's no hardy in /usr/lib/xen-tools/

  So, is Hardy on Lenny impossible? Can I go find the proper hardy.d somewhere
else and
just copy it over or will there be Bad Things caused by that?

  I will also be migrating over an existing Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn at some
point. It's a
running physical server right now. I can copy the files over, but I'm not sure
how to
first, kickstart it into a running HVM Xen machine and second, switch it over
to PV (if
7.04 guests have the right packages available to run as PV). I can always try
updating the
7.04 to 7.10/Gutsy and then 8.04 if needed. But any advice about the
kickstarting-from-just-files process is welcomed.