Re: [Xen-users] where is the kernel?

Hi Mauro,

normaly you're installing kernel's directly in dom0 and pass the values for kernel + initrd image over xen config parameters in DOM0 on of my xen configs look like this:

#
#  Configuration file for the Xen instance ADlb01, created on
# Tue Sep  9 15:31:15 2008.
#

#
#  Kernel + memory size
#
kernel  = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'
ramdisk = '/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'
extra   = 'console=hvc0'

memory  = '2048'

vcpus = '8'

#
#  Disk device(s).
#
root    = '/dev/sda1 ro'

disk = [ 'phy:system/ADlb01-disk,sda1,w', 'phy:system/ADlb01-swap,sda2,w' ]

#
#  Hostname
#
name    = 'ADlb01'

#
#  Networking
#
vif  = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]

#
#  Behaviour
#
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

In DomU your installing |only the "linux-modules-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64"-Package. This one is for 64Bit systems, there should also a 686 image around. If your installing a DOMU from scratch you could also use the xen-create-image scripts which is quite handy at some cases.

Mauro wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but....I've installed a debian lenny dom0 with
a xen kernel, then I've configured two domX.
I've noticed that there isn't a kernel installed for these ones.
I run aptitude to update packages, I've updatede the dom0 kernel
but....the others?