Re: [Xen-users] Sound on PV Guest

audio=1
soundhw='es1370'

in your guest config.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Frederic Beck <frederic.beck@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello

I am running Xen 3.3.1 on Debian x86 with 2.6.26 Dom0. I have a PV
guest running another Debian with 2.6.18 kernel. all kernels are
precompiled Debian ones.

Everything work quite well. I have a modified hypervisor running to
intercept syscalls issued by the PV guest and analyze the behavior of a
given PID.

But this is not an issue, as it works fine. My concern is about the
applications that i want to monitor. They need access to a soundcard.
which means that they crash when trying to access a non-existing
soundcard.

I do not care about the audio data, but just need some valid /dev/dsp
or other file descriptor so that my application does not crash.

How can i achieve that ?

Thanks

Fred