[Xen-users] Problem with Kernel Hard Panic at Boot on Dom0 Kernel

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Nicholas W <4407@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:39:50 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 07:41:12 -0700

I am currently trying to make a usable Xen Dom0 kernel which I can use
with Ubuntu 9.04 . I have compiled a kernel and made an initial
ramdisk using gcc 4.2 along the lines described on the posting here:
http://cwshep.blogspot.com/2008/12/howto-ubuntu-intrepid-ibex-810-xen-dom0.html

However... When I try and boot the kernel it gets passed the disk
initialization and about as far as the USB initialization and then
crashes with a hard kernel panic, the stack trace is so long it
scrolls of the top, and I cannot see which module or part of the code
that caused the crash. Could someone tell me how I can capture this
information. Perhaps its not really a Xen specific question, but then
again there maybe things I can or cannot do with the Hypervisor
already loaded - I don't know.

Thanks very much for your help,
Regards,