Re: [Xen-users] download speed issue in xen server

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 07:38:19 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 May 2009 17:39:03 -0700

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Jingyun He <jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I have a xen server, some days ago, the download speed for domU is
> pretty good,
> but today, the download speed drops a lot, but I still can pull it to
> full speed with multi-thread,
> and I've contacted DC, they said there is no issue in their side,
> My question is: is this a xen issue or not?
> How can I check out the problem?

if it were xen issue you would've had problems from day one.
IMHO the best way to test it is by running iperf (or other network
performance test tool) from domU to another host (not dom0) in the
same location (pereferably direct-connect or on the same switch).

If you don't have another host, try checking download speeds from dom0.