Re: [Xen-users] "device model failure" when launching Windows SBS 2003 HVM

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 15:32 -0500, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Frans Lawaetz <frans@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On occasion when I get vnc connected in time I see a brief "unrecognized" message appear on the screen before everything disappears.

Weird. Nothing I've ever seen before.
Was there any error displayed on the shell after running "xm create"?
If you're running it on local host (or have X forwarding activated
with enough bandwitdh) try disabling vnc and set sdl=1. It should
spawn GUI as soon as domU is running so you might have better chance
of looking at the error mesage.

Just in case someone else stumbles across this problem as well... I had a bad boot CD.  When I tried using PXE boot the problem went away in so far as the "device model failure" message did not appear and PXE attempted configuration.  I tried a different CD and all was well.

It would be nice if the error message was more along the lines of "Could not find bootable media" or something of the sort.  Maybe I will post something to the qemu dev list.

Regards,
Frans