[Xen-users] Re: looking for some data regarding successful Xen deployment

On a similar note to Joe's email below, I am looking for metrics or documents
concerning disk I/O performances for Xen 3.3.x.

More specifically, what are the performance gains observed between FC SAN (Emc,
Hitachi, 3Par..), iSCSI, NFS, SATA, and SAS disk storage?

Are there any domU image layout and tune up recommended?

Thank you,
Lionel.

 On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 02:40:45PM -0700, Joe Armstrong wrote:

 > Hi All,
 >
 > I am looking for some data regarding successful Xen deployment in production
 > data center environments.  What I need are hard facts regarding platform
 > stability and I/O performance metrics.  I've found some comparisons (Vmware
 > vs Xen) on the web but a lot of them seem a bit dated.
 >
 > Just to save bandwidth please don't post subjective "works great for us"
 > type messages - this isn't a poll :-)
 >
 > What I, and probably others, need is whitepaper level objective uptime and
 > performance metric info.
 >
 > Many, many thanks.

(Pardon the typos) Sent from BlackBerry