Re: [Xen-users] Installing with iso

On 11/05/09 23:21, jonr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Quoting "Lance Haig" <lhaig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 11/05/09 19:12, jonr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Quoting "Lance Haig" <lhaig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I am running the latest xen package on Debian Lenny and I want to
install a Linux vm with an ISO image.

How best do I make this happen.

I have not been able to get virt-manager to connect to the xen
instance on my server from my Laptop.

I would really appreciate the help

Thanks

Lance

Hello Lance,

The easiest way I have found is to loop mount the iso then expose it on
my webserver. I then use virt-manager to connect and install with http.
That way I am able to install in paravirtual mode rather than HVM.

You can also do the exact same thing from the command line using ssh
from your laptop, look at the virt-install man page. I would tcpdump on
your laptop and server to see why you are unable to connect.

Hope that helps,

Jon

Hi again,

Is it possible for a person to run a downloaded raw file system in a
xen environment?

I have downloaded a vm from the rpath.org site and want to run the vm
on my xen system. It is a running file system that just needs to be
booted.

I have manually created config files on my kvm qemu system to run this
in the past. does xen have config files I could copy and use?

I apologies for the newbie questions.

Thanks

Lance

I have never used rpath images but a quick look on their site I found
the link below. The first link about using a domU created by rpath or
rmake and how to install it on a xen system might give you an idea.

Jon

http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Xen_Solutions_Using_rPath_Technologies

Hi Jon,

I must be blind. I looked on their site and did not find that one.

Thanks again.

Lance

believed to be clean.