From: Trolle Selander [mailto:trolle.selander@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:59 PM
To: David Griswold
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Need to Access 2 Serial Ports in HVM Win 2K3 server.

You could let the config file create com1 and let the wrapper script only add com2.

-- Trolle

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM, David Griswold <david.griswold@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had a brain fart when I created the qemu.2serial script - forgot to
put the '#! /bin/bash' at the top of it.

Since, I have upgraded to xen 3.3.1 from the the gitco repo.  I am
still having issues.  It seems that by default qemu-dm will provide
more emulated hardware, like a serial and parallel port, unless you
tell it not to (serial none).  When I have attempted to configure the
.sxp file with more than one serial port, the vm won't start.  If I
use the wrapper script, then I get a 'com1' and 'com2' in the device
manager, but com1 doesn't work and in fact hyperterminal sees two
'com1' ports.  I am sure this is a confusion between the default
serial port provided to the vm and the serial ports I am trying to
give to it via the wrapper script.

So, I succeeded in starting a hvm where windows sees two serial ports,
but one of them doesn't work.

David

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:35 PM, David Griswold