Re: [Xen-users] How to specify static IP in guest config file

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:21:16 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 May 2009 06:21:56 -0700

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Ananth <cbananth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> can we
> set in the ifcfg-eth0 file inside the guest?

That would be the prerefered method.

> I am not sure of the syntax for
> that as well.

Do it like on any other linux server that you have (editing manually,
run system-config-network, etc.)

> I am facing this error when I try configuring the ifcfg-eth0 inside the
> guest domain.
> "FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-xenU/modules.dep: No such file
> or directory"
>
> There are no such files in the /lib/modules folder in the guest. Whereas the
> same file exists in my dom0. How do i go about resolving this?
> Please guide me.

How did you install domU?

When using virt-install, domU's kernel and initrd will be inside
domU's filesystem (along with the corresponding /lib/modules) and it's
booted with pygrub.

If you're using a template, then you should ask the creator how to use
that template properly. This might include compiling your own kernel,
or copying some files from dom0 to domU.

If it's jailtime.org images, I wrote some steps some time ago to
convert it to be able to boot with pygrub :
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-03/msg00372.html

Regards,

Fajar