Re: [Xen-users] can one do traffic accounting on bridged domU's?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

I'm just wondering, is it possible to setup the dom0 to perform traffic account of domU's, which are setup using bridge mode networking?

Depends on what you want to do.

If logging traffic in/out of the real interfaces by IP address is enough, then that's reasonably easy to do - though it won't log traffic between Dom0 and DomU or between DomU's on the same box. Doing it strictly by virtual interface will be a bit more work as the list of interfaces will keep changing.

I covered how I do traffic accounting at my border routing in a thread titled "Limiting domU network?" on 2nd May. The same approach should work on the real interface(s) of a Dom0 - provided "by IP address" is accurate enough.
--
Simon Hobson