Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.4.0 released!

Thanks, Keir. I would give it a try.
I guest it will be ok without any limitation if only one HVM guest is running , isn't it?
Is there any plan to integrate non-vtd passthrough support into xen or xci?

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18/05/2009 18:23, "zen" <sagitar.zen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  - Device passthrough improvements, with particular emphasis on support for
>> client devices (further support is available as part of the XCI project at
>> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xenclient/)
>
> Does it need vt-d or not for device passthrough?

It needs vt-d. Actually I have a hacky patch for providing limited support
for passthrough without vt-d, which I attach here. It lets you pass through
devices to the first HVM guest that you create. You're on your own with this
patch!

 -- Keir