Re: [Xen-users] xen-detect.c question

Well, I'm not sure about the internals of Xen, but I can read C. It looks like it should be able to detect HVM and PV.

What it does is:

Executes some assembly code to get the id of the cpu

If that returns "XenVMMXenVMM" then we're running Xen in HVM mode

Otherwise it tests for PV mode.

It executes the same assembly code, but this time in pv context (which will only work on a PV machine)

If that succeeds then we're running Xen in PV mode.

If that fails then we're not running Xen.

Jeff