Re: [Xen-users] Network Physical and bridge

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:05:53 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 May 2009 22:06:40 -0700

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Bruno Frensch Deschamps
<bruno@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I Want to know why my xen machine dont show me the options for shared
> physical device when i install a new virtual system

Short story: by default you'll have a bridge that would pass traffic
using your existing NIC. If the original interface is eth0, the bridge
will be called eth0 or xenbr0 (depending on the distro and xen
version). Advanced setup (dedicated NIC for domU, vlans, etc.) require
some command-line settings and configuration file edits.

What sort of setup are you trying to achieve?

--
Fajar