Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.2 with Ubuntu 8.04 (64-Bit) on Intel Nehalem (i7)

Jan Marquardt wrote:
2. After recompiling the kernel with CONFIG_NR_CPUS=16 /proc/cpuinfo still just shows 8 cores, but xm vcpu-list shows the 16 cores correctly. Does someone know which config options are necessary to get it working correctly?

I am now able to answer this question on my own. Hyper Threading is under Ubuntu disabled on default. You can activate it by setting "ht=on" on the kernel command line. I have got this information from the thread below: