[Xen-users] Windows/7 RC installs, networking doesn't work

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "David Morris" <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:46:02 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:47:10 -0700

Following the general setup I used previously to create a Windows/XP Xen domainU, I installed the Windows/7 RC on my Xen Host system. The result seems to be fully functional EXCEPT that networking doesn't work.

Well sort of .... using tcpdump, I can capture the DHCP REQUEST being sent from the guest, and I see the OFFER at the network level, but it is never recognized by the guest. I've manually configured the network and that doesn't work either. I let two win/7 guests autoconfigure and tried to ping between them and they don't communicate.

Software version wise re. xen .... I've not updated since I got everything working a while ago. I have:

xen-3.1.0-1
kernel-xen-devel-2.6.18-8.el5
kernel-xen-2.6.18-3.1.0
kernel-xen-2.6.18-8.el5
xen-devel-3.1.0-1

The one known difference between the XP and W/7 configurations is that W/7 demands acpi=1.

Dave Morris