RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV drivers and live migration

  • To: "Mark Lancaster" <marklanc@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:18:06 +1000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:18:56 -0700

> Does anybody have a link to a good document or any insight on how
using the
> GPLPV drivers impact live migrations of Windows Server domU's?

Can you make your question a bit more specific?

For quite a while, GPLPV would hang when doing live migrations (or even
just save/restore). That bug was due to me allocating too much stack
space in one of the scsiport routines (a real pain as the debugger
wouldn't work either). If there are any problems now, I haven't heard of
them.

James