Re: AW: AW: [Xen-users] Debian Kernel and Xen 3.4

Hi!

So if I right understand, I can get problems with IRQ sharing if I turn this option off? Its important in my system because I use pci hide.

Greetz

Carsten Schiers schrieb:
In the past I used Debian Etch Xen 3.2-1 with the Bastian Blank (waldi) kernels.
I noticed some problems with MSI handling in that combination. As Debian kernels
and Xen builds created problems for me with respect to powermanagement (time
went
backwards), I changed to the Xen kernel.

So that was the basis of my guess, when I read that someones using a Debian
kernel
and an MSI based error message occured. By the option - as explained - you switch that off and use GSI instead. For me, I will check in one of the next steps, whether I can use my 4th PCI slot, that up to MSI support shared GSI IRQ with the PCIe slots that now have their own
MSI.

BR,
Carsten.