Re: [Xen-users] off: win rdesktop alternative for opengl apps.

  • To: SZABO Zsolt <szazs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:03:24 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 05:25:58 -0700

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:02 PM, SZABO Zsolt<szazs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a solution to be able to run OpenGL based(?) applications like
> ANSYS Workbench for Windows remotely?
> We have a win2003 Term.Server in a HVM guest of an 4-way AMD Opteron Dual
> Core 8220 XEN server and we try to run Workbench in a small classroom
> environment.
> We use rdesktop but on windows only ANSYS Classic is working.
>
> --
> Zsolt

I have not used it but ThinAnywhere claims to do exactly what you need
http://www.thinanywhere.com/pro3drdp.php4

Also I believe Citrix were developing project pictor for running
opengl applications over terminal services, but that was back in 2007
and as far as I know the current XenApp/Presentation server does not
support opengl applicatons, I can verify that next week as we have two
XenApp servers at my work.

XenApp/Presentation server is pretty expensive.

Andy