[Xen-users] Major corruption of Windows HVM disks - Xen 3.4

I've come back into work after the weekend and noticed that all (3) of our Windows HVMs have had massive issues with corruption of the hard disks. These have all been running rock solid on Xen 3.2.1 for the past 9 months or so but I upgraded their host to Xen 3.4 last week.

I noticed on Friday morning that all 3 had randomly rebooted on Thursday evening but tried not to think too much of it. Unfortunately as I say I have come in this morning and they are all in various states of disrepair.

One VM is claiming ntloader.exe is not on the disk (presumably with a number of other files), the other had crashed so I started it back up, it ran checkdsk before running through lots of corrupt and missing files, rebooting and is now BSODing on boot and the third boots but has an event log full of SQL Server errors talking about file corruption. As such I'm having to restore all three from backups which is not ideal.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Is it likely to be a problem with qemu rather than Xen? Either way, I am left with no choice than to roll back to a previous version of Xen as I cannot risk this happening again.

Thanks,

--
Adam Wilbraham - Systems Administrator
TechnoPhobia Limited

Registered in England and Wales Company No. 3063669
VAT registration No. 598 7858 42
ISO 9001:2000 Accredited Company No. 21227
ISO 14001:2004 Accredited Company No. E997
ISO 27001:2005 (BS7799) Accredited Company No. IS 508906
Investor in People Certified No. 101507

The contents of this email are confidential to the addressee
and are intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not
the addressee, you have received this email in error.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
personally and not TechnoPhobia Limited who do not accept
responsibility for the contents of the message.

All email communications, in and out of TechnoPhobia,
are recorded for monitoring purposes.