[Xen-users] Help...

Hi all

I'm working with Xen, openSuse 11.1 and OpenTC for my thesis project.

I recently update the xen-tools-vgallium-dom0, kernel-xen, kernel-xen-base and kernel-xen-extra rpms to the newest versions:
- kernel 2.6.27.90-135.1.i586
- xen-tools 3.3.1_18494_03-4.2-i586
and something wrong appened in my openSuse 11.1 distro.

1)
If I start compositor with the script:
#!/bin/bash

modprobe gntdev
EGL_DRIVER=librawgal /*the-xen3d-path*/xen3d --trusted-domain $@

and than start my domU (based on xen kernel 2.6.27.90-135.1.i586, as dom0) with the command:
- xm create domU

xm prompts this error:
Using config file "/etc/xen/vm/domU".
Xend has probably crashed!  Invalid or missing HTTP status code.

The command:
- xm list
shows this lines:
Name                         ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                      0   992     2     r-----     50.4
Domain-Unnamed                1  1024     1     --p---      0.0

So, I can only do this:
- xm destroy Domain-Unnamed

2)
If I don't start compositor and I only start domU in a console with the following commands:
- xm create domU
- xm console domU
domU starts normally, but, after the login, when I try to shutdown the domain (always in console, no X and no compositor) with the command:
- shutdown -h now
the domain crashes at the end of the shutdown procedure.

This is what I see on the console:
INIT: Switching to runlevel: 0
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
INIT: Sending processes the KILL signal
/etc/init.d/rc: line 88: 0: command not found
Boot logging started on /dev/ttyS0(/dev/console) at Fri Jun 12 09:44:15 2009
Master Resource Control: previous runlevel: S, switching to runlevel: 0
Running /etc/init.d/halt.local                                        done
Serial: 8250/16550 driver8 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting 8250
(/lib/modules/2.6.27.90-135-xen/kernel/drivers/serial/8250.ko): Device or resource busy

Sending all processes the TERM signal...                              done
Sending all processes the KILL signal...                              done
The system will be halted immediately.
md: stopping all md devices.
xen console-0: xenbus_dev_shutdown: device/console/0: Initialising != Connected, skipping
vfb vfb-0: xenbus_dev_shutdown: device/vfb/0 timeout closing device
System halted.

After this messages, the console don't turn back to the command prompt, but it stops working. Any following "xm" command (xm list, xm destroy domU...) in a different console fails (unable to connect to xend, it ask me if xend is still running).

But xend IS still running! In the processes list, there are 2 xend processes, one of wich that runs at 50% of cpu (???) even if there are no more running domains.
If I try to stop xend with the command:
- /etc/init.d/xend stop
it stops working, but when I try to restart it with:
- /etc/init.d/xend start
the 2 processes restart and the second one restarts to work at 50% of cpu.

Before installing the new rpm's, I had no problems (with xen kernel 2.6.27.90-105 and the previous version of xen-tools-vgallium-dom0).

What I can do to get my openSuse and domU's working like before?

And, if it shouldn't be possible to repair it...

Unfortunately, I can't roll back to the previous rpm's, because they are no more in the OpenTC repository. It's possible to find those old rpm's? I have to continue working on my thesis project and I can't wait a new rpm's release.

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards