Re: AW: [Xen-users] Best way to use iSCSI in domU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:18:49 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:19:56 -0700

El jue, 18-06-2009 a las 14:41 +0200, Rustedt, Florian escribiÃ:
> Hi,
>
> That depends on your scenario. If you've got more than one dom0(Xen-Servers),
> exspecially for redundancy, then it's not a good idea to make dom0 the
> iscsi-host.
>
> Of course, you can connect to any iscsi-target directly from the domUs, as
> you can connect the dom0 vias iscsi and share the ressource via NFS p.e. then.
>
> Me personally, i would connect it directly to the domUs, as this is
> straightforward.
>
> Why are you thinking about implementing another "hop" via dom0? What is the
> advantage you asume in this case?

        I don't know. I've just raised the question to know about your
experiences. I think that configuring it in the domU is easier and
cleaner, but, for example, if you have more than one domU (in the same
dom0) needing iSCSI resources (in our case, all iSCS disks are served by
the same server) configuring it in the dom0 centralized the
configuration.

--
Angel L. Mateo MartÃnez
SecciÃn de TelemÃtica