From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:55 AM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Console

Jingwei Tan wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> 1. Beside SDL, VNC, and Virt-Viewer is there any console application Xen
> uses?

  I can't think of any. What were you looking for?

  Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_DirectMedia_Layer

> 3. When I'm using VNC, I am able to establish a VNC connection to my
> DomU without installing VNC on it. Where exactly is the VNC server and
> client? Will I be able to establish such connection remotely?

  The VNC server is built into Xen and utilizes Xen's emulated video hardware.
The client
is wherever you are running the client. If you have Xen attach the VNC server
to an
address that is accessible to more than just the local Xen Dom0 machine (ie,
bind to
0.0.0.0 or another real ethernet interface instead of just 127.0.0.1) then you
will be
able to access the VNS server from anywhere on the net you can reach that
interface from.
Be mindful of the security issues of this.