RE: [Xen-users] flat file system as disk

Pallab Chakrabarty wrote:

But still I want to know what holds not to use directory structure as
disk. Becoz the error results here due to kernel only..

Cant be fixed ?? or Xen has limitations in some way..

It is not supported by Xen. And I'd very much doubt if it will ever be supported.

Natively, Xen supports disk images - either as a partition on a disk (or an LVM volume), or as a file. If you want the guest to use a file structure on the hosts filesystem, then you will need to treat it as you would a diskless machine - export the filesystem from the host (eg via NFS) and mount it as a network filesystem on the guest.

--
Simon Hobson