RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers and CDROM

> I tried a new domU with gpl pv 0.10.0.69 on xen 3.2.1 and the cdrom is
> not showing up anymore.
> I see a xen block device driver corresponding to the vbd but no cdrom.
>
> Are the 0.10.x drivers compatible with some "old" xen ?

It should work, but not if there is no CDROM in the drive at the time
(I'm assuming you are using the same config as posted in your previous
email where you have a physical CDROM drive mapped through).

The PV block device back end (in Dom0) has no facility for swapping
images on the fly, so there is nothing I can do about it in GPLPV. On
Xen 3.4.x and later, GPLPV has the ability to not provide a PV driver
for the CDROM (it's hardly a performance critical device) and so windows
will use the QEMU IDE driver which does support hot changing etc. This
relies on some additional features not present before 3.4.x.

James