Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV 7E Error during update

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Klaus
Steinberger<klaus.steinberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I tried to update the GPLPV drivers from 0.10.0.55 to 0.10.0.69, but during
> installation of the xenblk driver I got a 7E error. the 7E comes again with
> reboot, so the Virtual Machine is afterwards unusable.
>
> Is there a safe way to deinstall, and then cleanly install the drivers, or
> is this a known problem with version 0.10.0.69 ?
>
> It happened both with Windows XP and Windows 2003 (64bit).
>
> Sincerly,
> Klaus

I've had exactly the same problem, I think it may be fixed in a newer
version that James gave me to test but I cannot be sure of that until
he releases some more new versions and I can test upgrading again, to
avoid the problem I remove the drives using James's batch file and
then install the new version, it takes a bit longer and requires more
reboots but I've had no problems using that method.

You can get the batch file from
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/gplpv_uninstall_bat.zip

Uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, success :).

Andy