RE: AW: [Xen-users] [Xen create] ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist

Hi Stephan,

thank you for your help, I did not notice I did let a silly error like this one in my code :/
Anyway, not working neither, I get this error this time:

chvt: can't open console
chvt: VT_ACTIVATE: Bad file descriptor
Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
   - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
   - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
chvt: can't open console
chvt: VT_ACTIVATE: Bad file descriptor
ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

I don't know what's happening, because i tested chvt, and I can open other tty with no problem.. Any idea this time? :/

John

> Subject: AW: [Xen-users] [Xen create] ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist
> Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:30:18 +0200
> From: s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: the_only_king_elvis@xxxxxxxxxxx; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> you're using different devices:
>
> root = '/dev/sda1 ...'
>
> and
>
> disk = [ '....,hda1,....' ]
>

> Besides this, I'm a bit confused by your boot message which states xvda1 ...
>
> All of these device models are valid, but you'll need to get sure you're using
> ONE of this model consequently.
> e.g.
> root = '/dev/sda1 ...'
> disk = [ '......,sda1.....' ]
>
> Additionally your guests /etc/fstab should reflect this by containing e.g.
> /dev/sda1 / your_filesystem(e.g. ext3) ...
> in this case.
>

> --
> Stephan Seitz
> Senior System Administrator
>
> *netz-haut* e.K.
> multimediale kommunikation
>
> zweierweg 22
> 97074 würzburg
>
> fon: +49 931 2876247
> fax: +49 931 2876248
>
> web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>
>
> registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054

Votre correspondant a choisi Hotmail et profite d'un stockage quasiment illimité. Créez un compte Hotmail gratuitement !