Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 mounting the root device

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Ronaldo Zacarias
Afonso<ronaldoafonso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to boot a dom0 with an image that I compiled from source
> but it's failing to mount the root device.

>  I'm not using an initrd.

That's probably the cause. Most distros require initrd.
If you've successfully compile your own normal, non-xen, linux kernel,
and use it to boot without initrd on that box, then the requirements
will be similar.

Another possibility is that you use xen.org's 2.6.18 kernel, but your
hardware requires newer drivers not present on that version.

--
Fajar