[Xen-users] Quagga on Xen - Latency / Bandwidth?

  • To: "Xen User-List" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:04:34 +0100
  • Cc: Quagga-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 01:05:26 -0700

I was wondering if anyone is running Quagga on Xen? What is
throughput/latency like?

Was looking for about a gig of mixed packet size BGP throughput.
Hardware is Opteron 4 Way Quad cores, was thinking paravirt with a
couple of dedicated cores and maybe the addition of Solarflare 10GB
Direct IO NICs might give the required performance level but I am
unsure.  The other option is multi-queue Intel or Mellanox NICs and an
upgrade for Centos Kernel and Xen.

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member