RE: [Xen-users] Disk performance under Xen

For Linux, a HVM to PV migration shouldn't be a barrier.  Install a pv-ops
capable kernel in your domU (or 2.6.18 Xen-patched kernel), adjust configs and
restart the domU.

You can also stick with HVM, but why cripple things?  Wouldn't you rather have
device hotplug, balloon and fast I/O?

For Windows you can install the GPLPV driver to avoid emulated I/O.  I don't
know what options exist for any other OS.

Jeff