Re: [Xen-users] Xen Instalation

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:22:03AM -0300, JOSÉ FORMIGA wrote:
> Hi.Please, I need some help to install a Xen 3 native . How can I do this ?
> I do not want a Linux in my PC. I need only Xen operating in my PC. Please,
> some direction. TIA.

Xen hypervisor is not really usable without Domain-0 ("dom0").

Dom0 is usually Linux kernel/distribution, and it's used to control the Xen
hypervisor and provide virtual disks and network access to the
virtual machines (aka guests aka domUs).

So yes, you need Linux aswell, in addition to Xen hypervisor.

Or if you like Opensolaris better than Linux, dom0 support also exists
for Opensolaris. And for NetBSD.

The bottom line is you _need_ dom0.

-- Pasi