Re: [Xen-users] Memory consumption of xend on x86_64

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Sreeharsha
Totakura<sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I try to run 32bit hosts on a 64bit dom-0, will they run under HVM?

Newer versions of Xen (I think 3.1+ will do) can run 32bit PV domU or
dom0 on top of 64bit hypervisor, so you don't have to use HVM.

> Also, How can I check whether the guests are running under PV or HVM? I use
> virt-manager  it creates the virtual machines without the need to use xm.

The easiest way is to look what parameters you use to create the domU.
If you use -p or --paravirt, it will be PV. If you use -v or --hvm, it
will be HVM. Some domU (like Windows) only supports HVM.

Deterimining this from domU is somewhat harder. One way to do it is to
look at /proc/xen. If that directory exists then most likely it's PV
domU.

--
Fajar