Re: [Xen-users] how to verify if gplpv is installled

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Jingyun He<jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi, I installed the 64bits in my 32 bits windows, this is why haven't been
> installed property.
>
> But after I installed the 32bits, the domU crashed when it started.
>
> My dom0 is centos 5.3 64bits, and domU is windows 2003 sp2,

Did you uninstall the 64bit version first?
A trick that sometimes works is :
- install GPLPV
- reboot with /NOGPLPV
- reboot again normally (without /NOGPLPV)

so you might want to try that.

> One more question, without pv drive, my windows domU can get about 30Mbps
> download speed, and about 300-400Mbps IO speed,
> I think it should be fine, but why so many people complain the bad IO,
> network performance in windows domU without pv drive?

Well, if you can get 30Mbps out of the box, you should be able to get
several hundred Mbps with GPLPV :) Assuming your NIC and switch
supports it, of course.

--
Fajar