Re: [Xen-users] no devpts shmfs mounted in domU

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 03:35:48PM +0200, SZABO Zsolt wrote:
> xen 3.2.1 from debian lenny
> (a debian) domU created by xen-tools (3.9-4)
>
> After lauching this domU (xm create ... etc.) I cannot ssh to the domU
> because there is no /dev/pts (and no shmfs is mounted, either).... i.e.
> the /etc/init.d/mountdevsubfs.sh script does not do its job but dunno
> why?

For what it's worth I see the same thing.  You can put this in your cfg
and then you can attach properly to the console:
  extra = 'console=hvc0 xencons=tty'
Then if you apt-get install udev that seems to sort things out.  Doesn't
explain why it's not working in the first place though (or even if
that's intentional).

Cheers,
Chris