[Xen-users] CD Rom problem with install

Greetings community,

OK, I have searched around a bit and cannot figure out how to solve this issue.

If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I issue "virt-install" to start a new VM install, with /dev/cdrom
containing the source files for my Centos installation I want to do.

I answer all the questions "virt-install" throws at me, and when it asks :

"What type of media contains the  packages to be installed?  "

I select

"Local CDROM" and OK, at which point it throws this message :

"Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation
type. Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver
disk?"

/dev/cdrom is available, I can mount it and see the contents, so
cannot figure out why Xen cannot see it ?

Please help if you can, as at the moment I am given to understand the
Xen can only create VM`s from NFS, FTP or HTTP sites ?

Perhaps I am thinking too far away from the actual problem, is this is
config value I need to place somewhere in Xens configuration files ?

--
Regards

Chris Blake
TAU SPACE