Re: [Xen-users] Create dummy VMs

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Ananth<cbananth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just wanted to know if it is possible to create dummy VMs using Xen,
> without having to install any OS on the VM.

What are you trying to do?
If just want to do some testing without having to download several GB,
you can try floppyfw (http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/) and run it as HVM
domU. Only 1.4MB (the floppy version).

Another method is to build a custom initrd, with busybox installed as
/sbin/init and /bin/sh. That way you only need kernel and initrd for
PV domU, without the need of a dedicated root filesystem. You might
have to create the initrd yourself though.

--
Fajar