[Xen-users] xen network interfaces: How do I retrieve from an executable running within domain0 the MAC of an frontend-(domainU)-network-interface ?

Hello,

I use xen as provided by openSUSE 11.1 . What I want to do is this: Operate
several domainU. All of them have a xennet network interface, whose
respective backend-interfaces at the domain0 are added to a boilerplate linux
bridge. No physical interfaces are added to the bridge (in other words: a
virtual ethernet). Now each of those backend-interfaces gets assigned the
infamous FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF MAC. That turns out to be a problem if I try to
send packets from domain0 through the bridge-interface to any of the domainU
instances: the log tells me something along "ethernet source and target are
equal, can't send packets to myself". However, I had some success when I
manually assigned (by calling at domain0, for instance, "ip link set vif13.1
address 00:16:3E:7D:D0:98") the MAC assigned to the
frontend-(domainU)-interface to the backend-(domain0)-interface as well. I
obtained the MAC manually, by looking into the configuration files
in /etc/xen/vm/ and manually identifying associated
backend-(domain0)-interfaces.
Now my question is: Supposed an executable is running within domain0, and this
executable has been handed the name of a Xen backend interface, is there a
way to obtain the MAC of the associated frontend-(domainU)-interface ?

Thank you very much,
Kay