Re: [Xen-users] Problem bridging multiple NICs

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Jason Kwon<jason.kwon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have static IP addresses assigned to each NIC.  Simple network
activity like ping or ssh works on all three physical links.

What does your network setup looks like? Are all three NICs on the
same network? Is the client on the same networks as one of the three
NICs?

eth0 is on one network (let's call it network A). eth1 and eth2 are two ports of a dual-port 10GbE NIC, and they are directly connected to the client machine (I assigned class C addresses to eth1/eth2). The client can reach the Xen server either through network A, or through the two direct 10GbE links.

I have not started any DomU guests on this machine.  If I turn off
network bridging in the Xen configuration, then everything returns to
normal (I can run nuttcp/NFS across all three links at normal speed), so
something with the bridging and renaming of the physical links is
affecting network behavior.

You can try creating bridges manually (or using
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*) and see if it makes a
difference.

Thanks, I'll try that next.

Jason