Re: [Xen-users] expected network throughput on RHEL Dom0 / PV DomU

2009/9/4 Zoran PopoviÄ <shoom013@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I use Red Hat 5.3 Dom0 (kernel 2.6.18-128.4.1.el5xen, xen 3.1, using default
> xenbridge0 configuration) and Red Hat 5.4 PV DomU (kernel 2.6.18-164.el5xen,
> xennet module for eth0), on a HP BL870c (Itanium blade) with gigabit network
> adapter (intel, probably).
> What is the expected throughput on Dom0 and DomU using 1 network card in
> such case (roughly, at least, and the ratio) ?
> I made few basic tests with smbclient and ftp download and I am getting
> around 18kb/s on Dom0 and 8kb/s on DomU, and I am suspicious about that.
> What can be done to improve the throughput on both ?

What is your throughput with native/non-xen kernel? It should be
similar, and if that's the case then the problem lies in your general
networking setup.

I can saturate 1 Gbps link easily when transfering data from dom0/domU
to external host. I'm using x86_64 btw, so probably your problem is
Itanium-specifc.

--
Fajar