Re: [Xen-users] Installing two versions of xen on the same machine

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: shankha <shankhabanerjee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:46:45 -0400
  • Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 02:47:47 -0700

Hi Fajar,
Thanks for your continued help. I checked through yast the following
are installed on my system

1. Kernel-Xen
             The linux kernel for xen paravirtualization.
This kernel can be used both as the domain0 ("xen0") and as an
unprivileged ("xenU") kernel.

Version : 2.6.27.7-9.1  (x86_64)

2. kernel-xen-base
The Linux kernel for Xen paravirtualization.
This kernel can be used both as the domain0 ("xen0") and as an
unprivileged ("xenU") kernel.

2.6.27.7-9.1  (x86_64)

3. kernel-xen-extra
The Linux kernel for Xen paravirtualization.
This kernel can be used both as the domain0 ("xen0") and as an
unprivileged ("xenU") kernel.

2.6.27.7-9.1  (x86_64)

4. xen
This is the xen hypervisor

3.3.1_18494_03-1.8  (x86_64)

4. xen-devel
3.3.1_18494_03-1.8  (x86_64)

This package contains libraries and header files.

When i try to to uninstall this package it says it has a dependency on libvrt.

5.xen - libs
xen virtualization libraries

6. xen - tools
Packages for starting stopping packages.

I guess i can let the  first 3 packages as it is. I will
uninstall the xen hypervisor and other packages related to it.

I can then put the the new hypervisor(3.4)  and related libraries
under /boot and boot with the kernel already installed.

Does it look good or have i made mistakes ?

thanks