[Xen-users] Using GPLPV WXP client with BartPE

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Vaughan Wickham <gdayvw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:01:36 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:02:19 -0700

Hi,

I have been trying to create a BartPE plugin using: gplpv_fre_wxp_x86_0.10.0.86.msi so that when Bart is running in a VM it is using the optimised drivers.

The process that I have followed to create the plug-in is to take a regshot before installing the GPLPV package into a Windows XP VM, then take a 2nd regshot after the package has been installed and then perform a compare so that I can identify the registry and filesystem changes.

Unfortunately at the moment when I start BartPE with the plugin enabled I get a stop 7B (inaccessible boot device). The BSOD occurs after the Windows XP logo and animated blue progress bar appears.

To resolve the stop 7B I tried using the txtsetup.oem, xenpci.sys and xenscsi.sys from WindowsXenPV-0.9.4 package, to load the SCSI drivers at startup. However this causes the stop 7B to occur even earlier in the boot process (before the Windows XP logo appears) which suggests that there is an issue with these drivers in a BartPE environment.

Any suggestions on how the stop 7B might be resolved?

Thanks

VW