Re: [Xen-users] OpenSolaris domU on RedHat Linux dom0

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Viswanath
Durbha<Durbha.Viswanath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally have my OpenSolaris domU up and running by using 'xvda' instead of
> '0'. But I want to emphasize here that 'xvda' has to be used while
> installing from iso as well as when running it after installation. Using '0'
> while installing and 'xvda' after install did not work for me.
>
> I have couple of more questions.
>
> 1. How do we use the domU disk image of OpenSolaris and provision many
> domU's using LVM partitions? In other words, can we clone it to create many
> copies?

Yes, a simple "dd" will do.

> 2. Is it possible to assign static ip address to domU from the configuration
> file itself with parameters like ip=x.x.x.x and netmask=x.x.x.x etc?

I don't think so. It requires kernel-level IP configuration support
(which AFAIK is not compiled-in even on some linux distros).
And even then, on the default setup there's nothing preventing domU
from changing it's own IP address. Better use dhcp.

You should ask on opensolaris list to be sure.

--
Fajar