Re: [Xen-users] Xen and Enomaly

  • To: Longina Przybyszewska <longina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Olivier LAMBERT <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:26:18 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 05:27:05 -0700

As I can't put the code right now, I'll try to give you some details :

Project Name : XenOrchestra
Licence : GPL 3 ? (or 2 don't know the real differences)

Small FAQ ;)

-> What is the goal of Xen Orchestra ?
Provide a simple and clear interface to Xen, across the Xen API with a
**open source** app. Because I love open-source, I would like to stay
in this philosophy ;)

-> What can I do with the first release ?
The first release will be an alpha, but you can know *where* are you
DomU and more :
- start/stop/pause/remove a domU (as you can see in the first screenshot) ;
- make live migrations on other dom0 ;
- have informations about a domU : cpu,ram,network etc.

-> When it's released ?
I'll try to give you the alpha version ASAP, so.. let's say next
Sunday (sept. 13). I need to make an installer and "purge" the code to
offer you a "clear" version.

-> The future ?
First, create xen-orchestra.com with a FAQ (this one :D), what is the
project, a forum and a git server in order to create a community. I
start now !
Then, make a Debian Package :D
Next, I would like to implement "setters" (change cpu/ram/network
conf) : not really hard. And finally, use this interface to create
domU and templates...

See you soon, hope my project can help people to stay with open source Xen :)

Olivier.