Re: [Xen-users] 3.4.x networking

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 08:30:53AM -0500, Mark Chaney wrote:
> Snippet from /var/log/messages:
>
> Sep 13 01:28:32 wheeljack kernel: device vif1.0 entered promiscuous mode
>
> Sep 13 01:28:32 wheeljack kernel: physdev match: using --physdev-out in the
> OUTPUT, FORWARD and POSTROUTING chains for non-bridged traffic is deprecated
> and breaks other things, it will be removed in January 2007. See
> Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt for details. This doesn't affect
> you in case you're using it for purely bridged traffic.
>
> Sep 13 01:28:32 wheeljack logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: iptables
> setup failed. This may affect guest networking.
>
> Sep 13 01:28:37 wheeljack kernel: blkback: ring-ref 8, event-channel 6,
> protocol 1 (x86_64-abi)
>
> Sep 13 01:28:37 wheeljack kernel: eth1: topology change detected,
> propagating
>
> Sep 13 01:28:37 wheeljack kernel: eth1: port 2(vif1.0) entering forwarding
> state
>

> I know it says the error is with vif-bridge, but that's stock, so I don't
> know what could be wrong with it. I dont get these errors witht he Xen 3.3.1
> and Kernel i mentioned earlier.

Did you diff vif-bridge script between xen 3.3.1 and xen 3.4.1 versions?
What are the differences?

What's the failing iptables command? Please paste the whole command here,
including the parameters.

> Ive gone as far as disabling iptables and
> still have the same issues with stability. You did bring up an idea though,
> i havent tried disabling access to eth0 from the guests, but again, what
> changed in the xen versions that would cause such a problem if it was that.
> I swear there must have been a change that has been poorly documented.

Please paste the errors (log messages) about fencing. Does the eth0
traffic work when the server gets fenced?

Do you have errors or log messages in "dmesg" or /var/log/messages when
that fencing happens?

> Anyway, thanks for the help, I sincerelly appreciate it.
>

> -Mark

-- Pasi