Re: [Xen-users] Best way to compile xen 3.4.1 on centos 5.3

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Chris <khris4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is the best way to compile xen on centos 5.3?

"Best" is relative. What's best for me might not be the best for you :P
The easiest method however, is to use RPMs from http://www.gitco.de/repo/

> Also I need to able to
> kmod Yum kmod-drbd with the new version of xen. I belive that if I want to
> use xen 3.4.1 I have to re compile kernel right?

Not really. You can use existing kernel-xen. There's a caveat though:
some newer Xen features (like scsi-passthru) won't work.
It should be enough for most purposes though.

> I'm currently using kernel
> 2.6.18-127 from centos 5.3 but is running xen 3.1 only from yum

Here's what I have on RHEL5, with some packages from Centos and Gitco:
kernel-xen-2.6.18-164.el5
kmod-drbd83-xen-8.3.2-5.el5_3
drbd83-8.3.2-5.el5_3
xen-libs-3.4.1-1.el5